posts | comments | archives | links | create | song
(reminder: all quotes here are fiddled, probably.)

三角關係


Euripides (Emily Wilson tr.)

語帶相關, 話中有話

Helen, line 1285--1300:
Theoclymenos: (to Helen) And you, I'm sorry for your loss. But do not waste
your life on useless mourning. Menelaus,
has passed away, and grief won't bring him back.

Menelaus: (to Helen) Your job, young lady, is to let go the husband
who isn't here, and love the one who is.
That's best for you, given the situation.
If I survive and make my way go Greece,
I'll stop them blaming you, if you can treat
the man who shares you bed the way you should.

Helen: I will. I'll never speak ill of my husband.
You'll be beside me and you'll know the truth.
But you, poor traveller, go in and wash,
and change your clothes. I want, without delay,
to do you favours, since you will perform
the duties owned to darling Menelaus
more lovingly if I've done rightly by you.


Theoclymenos 以為抱得美人歸, 誰知海倫原來與丈夫 Menelaus 夾計, 企圖騙他一艘船回國. Menelaus 話中似乎有些醋意. 至於海倫, 對白每一句眼神到底望向誰, 倒是耐人尋味.

0 Comments:

coComment


:: Kommentar veröffentlichen
 (留言請留名, 謝!)

<< Home