posts | comments | archives | links | create | song
(reminder: all quotes here are fiddled, probably.)

neb


Psalm 121 NEW ENGLISH BIBLE

If I lift up my eyes to the hills,
where shall I find help?
Help comes only from the LORD,
maker of heaven and earth.
How could he let your foot stumble?
How could he, your guardian, sleep?
The guardian of Israel
never slumbers, never sleeps.
The LORD is your guardian,
your defence at your right hand;
the sun will not strike you by day
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will guard you against all evil;
he will guard you, body and soul.
The LORD will guard your going and your coming,
now and for evermore.


Psalm 11 NEW ENGLISH BIBLE

In the LORD I have found my refuge: why do you say to me,
'Flee to the mountains like a bird;
see how the wicked string their bows
and fit the arrow to the string,
to shoot down honest men out of the darkness?'
When foundations are undermined, what can the good man do?
The LORD is in his holy temple,
the LORD's throne is in heaven.
His eye is upon mankind, he takes their measure at a glance.
The LORD weighs just and unjust
and hates with all his soul the lover of violence.
He shall rain down red-hot coals upon the wicked;
brimstone and scorching winds shall be the cup they drink.
For the LORD is just and loves just dealing;
his face is turned towards the upright man.


Psalm 23 NEW ENGLISH BIBLE

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall want nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
and leads me beside the waters of peace;
he renews life within me,
and for his name's sake guides me in the right path.
Even though I walk through a valley dark as death
I fear no evil, for thou art with me,
thy staff and thy crook are my comfort.
Thou spreadest a table for me in the sight of my enemies;
thou hast richly bathed my head with oil,
and my cup runs over.
Goodness and love unfailing, these will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD
my whole life long.


Malachi 4:1-3 New English Bible

The day comes, glowing like a furnace; all the arrogant and the evildoers shall be chaff, and that day when it comes shall set them ablaze, says the Lord of Hosts, it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in his wings, and you shall break loose like calves released from the stall. On the day that I act, you shall trample down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet, says the Lord of Hosts.


* * *

詩篇廿三 (李思敬譯)
大衛的讚歌. 上主牧養我, 我無缺乏.
在青蔥草原他讓我躺下, 於靜水之旁他帶領我;
我的生命由他恢復, 他引導我在正途上, 皆為他的名.
縱然我走在陰森的谷中, 我不懼凶險;
因你陪伴我, 你的杖與你的竿, 是它們安慰我.
你在我面前大排筵席, 對正我眾仇敵;
你用膏油滋潤我的頭, 我的杯滿溢.
原來是良善與信實緊追著我, 在我有生之年;
我要住在上主殿中, 以度悠悠歲月.

詩篇一百廿一 (李思敬譯)
回歸之歌. 我舉目向那群山, 哪裡來我的幫助?
我的幫助來自上主, 那位造天地者.
他不會把你的腳交與死亡! 保守你的不會睏倦!
看! 他不睏倦, 也不睡覺, 那位保守以色列者.
上主乃保守你者, 上主你庇護, 在你右手旁.
日間那太陽, 它不能傷你, 並月亮在夜裡.
上主他保守脫離一切邪惡, 他保守你的性命;
上主保守你的往來與出入, 從今直到無窮盡.

Labels:

0 Comments:

coComment


:: Kommentar veröffentlichen
 (留言請留名, 謝!)

<< Home